RF Design provides embedded antenna development and integration services. Established in 1989, we have introduced original and novel embedded antenna solutions to over a 100 products from 100 kHz to 12 GHz, some in multiple million production volumes. We have considerable experience in developing high performance electrically small antennas (dimensions significantly less than lambda/4) for miniaturised products.
- Rapid hands-on embedded antenna development and prototyping from 100 kHz through to 12 GHz.
- Range performance estimates in real world environments provided before the breadboard stage, helping reduce time-consuming cut-and-try performance experiments during your initial product concept discussions.
- Measured return loss and gain performance, not just simulated results, during the initial antenna development phase. Our rapid breadboard and prototype antenna development allows you to progress to meaningful field-trial range-testing, validation and regulatory tests at the earliest opportunity.
- Our measured results include gain measurements using calibrated reference antennas and signal generators. Beware the antenna specification claiming radiation 'efficiency' in terms of just VSWR or return loss. There is no correlation!
- By providing a clear understanding of the trade-offs involved in your antenna configuration and position options, we can help optimise your product operational range and minimise power consumption.
- Filters, TX/RX changeover switches and low-noise amplifiers can be included as part of the antenna design brief.
- Most designs can be implemented on FR4 either as a daughterboard or printed directly on your host PCB.
- Specifically no ‘standard’ cookbook or academic experimental solutions!
- Performance evaluation, tuning and remedial development of your existing antenna also available.